Risotto with Peaches and Piemonte Brachetto
Write a review
- one shallot
- 1 ¾ cup long grain rice (pref.
- 1 ½ cup Piemonte Brachetto
- one peach, sliced in eights but not
- a hard-ripened Roccaverano cheese
- (2 slices)
- 1 tbsp of melter butter
- 3 cup vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute pan
- Slice the shallot finely and sauté it in extra virgin olive oil, then add the rice and stir for 1 minute circa.
- When it is toasted, add the Brachetto and simmer the rice until it is done, about 18 minutes for
- Carnaroli, adding the vegetable broth gradually.
- In another pan, sauté the peach slices in the melted butter with a splash of Brachetto.
- When the risotto is nearly done, add the peaches and grate the Roccaverano (or another sharp, aged cheese) over the risotto.
Gabriel's Food and Wine https://www.gabrielsfoodandwine.com/