Light Chocolate and Brachetto Passito cake
A delicious Italian dessert
Write a review
- 250 g 00 flour (but spelt flour works
- well with this recipe, too)
- 100 g Maizena (corn starch)
- 3 tbsp powdered cocoa
- 230 g granulated sugar
- 250 ml corn oil
- 1 small plain yogurt (125 g)
- 3 eggs
- 40 ml Brachetto passito
- 1 orange peel, grated fresh
- 1 envelope powdered yeast
- 1 pinch of powdered hot red pepper
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp cane sugar (brown)
- Beat the whole eggs with the white sugar until the liquid is smooth. Add the other
- ingredients (except the brown sugar), mixing constantly, adding corn starch, cocoa and
- yeast at the end. Mix until the dough is fluid, smooth and homogenous.
- Pour into a round cake pan (24 cm) of the kind you can open, and sprinkle the cane sugar over the top.
- Place in a preheated (180°C) oven and bake for 45-50 minutes. Turn off the oven and let cool inside the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Excellent with Piemonte Brachetto.
Gabriel's Food and Wine https://www.gabrielsfoodandwine.com/